Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Trees

There was a tree across the driveway this morning when I went to work. It hadn't fallen down completely so I had to drive underneath the tree while the tree top rested on the phone company's line. It was still there tonight when I came home even though Mom tried her best to call the phone company. You can't get anyone to answer the phone there apparently. All mom ever got was the automated attendant. I emailed her and asked for an update since I hadn't heard anything since about 2pm, but I haven't gotten an update yet. Maybe she's still on hold with the phone company.

I got the book "How to Housetrain Your Dog in 7 Days" yesterday in the mail. I haven't read all of it yet, but I'm hoping to get to it soon.

I made toll house pan cookies tonight. I've been wanting them for a while.

I watched American Idol last night. It was an auditions show. Some people love to laugh at the bad performers, and there are times when they do something funny. But for the most part, for me, I just close my eyes and feel bad for them. Many of them are very sincere about their efforts and it is just rude to laugh at them. I think I'm going to watch it again tonight. I think it's another audition show.

No comments: