Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Best Laid Plans

The ice diet didn't work out. It's too cold for ice. So, I made chocolate fudge instead. I took some of it to work and gave some to Mom, Dad, my sister, niece and nephew. Wind the kids up on chocolate and have them stay with mom and dad. That's a good auntie plan. Hahaha.

I came home tonight to find a dead cat in my driveway. My gray cat, Curly, died. I didn't see any marks on her and Dad thought she had had a heart attack. But she was only 5 years old or so. That seems young for a cat. I know I didn't hit her on my way to work this morning. At least I hope I didn't. Dad thinks it was natural causes, so I'm ok with that. I imagine 5 years is old for a farm cat who didn't get regular check-ups with the vet. So, after pushing the cat out of the road with a snow shovel and taking my dogs for their walk, I called mom's house, got my sister and told her about Curly's demise. Dad came up and buried Curly for me.

No comments: