Friday, May 26, 2006

So You Had a Bad Day.....

Everybody sing!!!!

Here's my day:

I got rained on while taking Phoebe for her afternoon walk.

Work sucked - Tony was being more of a 'man' than usual. I actually rolled my eyes in his presence at something he said.

My computer threw a tantrum. I turned it on after I got home and it kept saying that some file was corrupt or missing and that I needed to load the original windows start-up disk to try to repair the file. Well I don't have an original windows start up disk. My computer didn't come with one. What I have is the 10 disk recovery disk thing that I had to make myself. So, I played with the F buttons until I got to the Compaq System Recovery thing and I got to recover the computer stuff while keeping all my stuff I have on my pc. The only thing that isn't working right now is Incredimail. I don't know why that isn't working but I'll figure it out. I can log into my email from my isp's website so I can still get email. The computer has been running a bit slow since I did this. I thought maybe I might have to do something because my tech geek in the next town who fixed my modem also added more ram. But just a few seconds ago I got some popup that said Spy Subtract definitions had been updated. So, I guess the computer was slow because it was updating that crap even though I thought I had closed out of that program. I hate computers. I had to go through the whole process of naming my computer again and everything. So, I gave it the same name (Sergio) but for the description I wrote: This cursed piece of technology.

No comments: