Saturday, May 20, 2006

Enough About Brittney Spears!

There are plenty enough mothers out there actually abusing their kids and these news people are focusing on Brittney Spears. What has Spears actually done? She drove without the kid in a safety seat, did not wreck the vehicle and hurt the baby, and she tripped but did not drop the baby. The one time the baby did get hurt, it was allegedly the nanny, not the mother. In school, one of my teachers told a story about how she dropped her son on his head when they were at a football game. I can only imagine what the press would have done if she had been famous. I followed my dad up onto the roof of the house when I was about 4 and fell off the roof. They were such bad parents (not). The media has the power to change the world and they are squandering that opportunity by making mountains out of molehills.

1 comment:

The Buckley's said...

I am so with you. As a new mother it can be so overwhelming. I can only imagine how awful it would be to have the media scrutinizing your every move. They truly do need to move on.