Sunday, December 17, 2006

Birthday Fun

Today, Phoebe and I had our birthday party at my mom and dad's house. Before leaving for their house, I gave Phoebe the present I got for her - a squeaky ball. It's a little big for her mouth but she does play with it. At mom and dad's we got a call from my sister who wished me a happy birthday. My niece also wished me a happy birthday and then proceeded to tell me all about the Lion King. She is going to see a live production soon and is really excited. The food at the party was ice cream and a chocolate cake decorated with Fisher Price Little People plastic toys. I saw one like it at the store a while back and decided I just had to have the little pig, so mom went and ordered the cake for me :) The decorator misspelled my name but that's ok. Phoebe got to enjoy the food just a little bit. Dad couldn't leave her out so he gave her a little ice cream and a little of the cake, but not the frosting. As for presents, I got a book about dog whispering (not Cesar Milan's book) and Phoebe got a stuffed cat squeaky. Mom got pictures of Phoebe with the cat and Phoebe with her birthday card in her mouth. That was cute.

I can't believe in just 7 days we will be having our Christmas dinner and opening presents. Mom, Dad and I will do our presents on Sunday next and then about a week later, my niece and nephew will be here to open their presents. Our presents from them and my sister and brother-in-law will arrive then too.

I only work four days this week and four days next week. Yay! I'm taking Friday off and I get Monday off.

Crafting fun: I have wanted for a long time to try glass etching. I have this catalog from etchworld.com and it looks pretty easy. So, I finally ordered the starter kit. I tried it on a few things when I got it and it's a lot of fun. The etched parts don't show up very strongly. I wonder if you leave the etch cream on longer than instructed if it will make the image more definable.

Weather Report: It's something like 65 degrees right now. I love it. No snow. No ice. No freezing cold weather. The downside: without freezing cold weather, the bug eggs won't die and next spring we will be swarmed with all kinds of bugs. I'll have to invest in some good bug zappers.

No comments: