Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Part 1

Yesterday, Fritz, Phoebe, and Steffi got their stockings. I couldn't wait any longer to give them to them. They played with their toys and ate their treats. They still have more treats to eat.

Today, was Christmas dinner at my parents' house. We had turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, gravy, hot rolls. Then for dessert we had red velvet cake, chocolate fudge, raisin pie. Being a picky eater, I only had the turkey, noodles, mashed potatoes, hot rolls, cake and fudge. I was lucky enough to only bring back some fudge. Tomorrow, I'm back on the treadmill and diet so I didn't need any leftovers.

We also exchanged gifts today. I got mom and dad a tin full of amish foods that I ordered from a website. They were very happy to get that. It had different jams and jellies, and canned vegetables. I also got dad a 4 pack of honey from a website I found, a 4 dvd pack of John Wayne movies, and a magnetic flashlight. I got mom pot holders, a back scratcher, and a wall hanging thing that has different sayings. Mom and Dad got me the Tracy Lawrence Greatest Hits cd that's been on my wishlist for a couple of years and two Globe Trekker dvds - Portugal and Central America. And mom gave me a cash gift certificate of $20.00. I can't wait to listen to the cd and watch the dvds.

After eating and presents, all three of us took naps. LOL. That was my second nap of the day. I got up at 5am to make the noodles and went back to bed around 7am. Of course I'm always up around 5:30 am to let the dogs out. Phoebe got to go to her grandparents' house yesterday so she didn't go today. I figured it would be too much to have her there too. I came home from my parents' house and took the dogs for a walk. I think I saw 4 or 5 snowflakes while I was out. I could do without snow.

Christmas Part 2 will happen Sunday or Monday next week when we exchange presents with my brother in law, niece and nephew. That will be fun to see the kids with their presents.

No comments: