Friday, December 01, 2006

Shopping Day

Today was another shopping day for me. I went to Big Lots to look for $10.00 book cases. They didn't have any but I did get one for $30.00. I also went to a farm supply store and got some Pig Christmas ornaments half price and a squeaky toy for Phoebe. I also went to the bank and the grocery store and had lunch at Pizza Hut.

Once I got home, I tried an idea I had for left over slivers of bars of soap. I put them in a double boiler and tried to melt them so I could form them into a new bar of soap. It kind of worked. I think I need to grate the soap slivers so the soap will melt better. I have a feeling when I start using the reformed soap, it will fall apart. But we'll see.

Phoebe, Steffi and Fritz got their Christmas Stockings today. I couldn't wait until Christmas eve - the usual day my family celebrates Christmas. They got toys and treats. Phoebe's tail just wags and wags when she gets something to play with.

I got this weird email at my gmail account about an alleged banned blog and israel and stuff. Didn't read the entire email because it looked like bad news, but it did say "somebody (whatever his name was), an anonymous politician" Anonymous politics - I think I have discovered the reason why democracy hasn't taken hold in the Middle East.

Once all the Christmas eating is over, I am definitely getting back on the treadmill and back on the diet. Hopefully, I can suck it up and stick to it for a month or two and lose the 20 pounds I've put on since August.

I've been watching all the Jesus stuff on the National Geographic Channel and the History Channel. In fact, I've watched so much of it that I've subscribed to the National Geographic Magazine. When I was a kid, I had entertained a brief thought of becoming a photojournalist for National Geographic. But, if you know how bad I am with a camera, you could understand why that career goal never became a reality. LOL. The other night, they held up a heel bone with a nail through it and said this was from a person who was crucified around the time of Jesus. And I thought "they could be holding Jesus' foot!" I'm sure it was just the great to the nth degree grandfather of some local citizen but still, it's fascinating.

No comments: