Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mixed Up

I feel mixed up today. Usually, the puppies visit their grandparents on Sunday and then I go to work the next day. But, today the puppies went to see their grandparents. So, for the rest of the day, I've been feeling like I have to go to work tomorrow when I don't. That sucks.

I didn't get back on the diet or the exercise today. Hopefully I'll do that tomorrow. I even made biscuits when I didn't even want any. I just felt I had to do something with my hands. I ate four and froze the rest of them.

I had started a new story a while back but didn't get far at all with it. I just started writing and didn't have any idea what it was supposed to be about. So, tonight I typed up some character notes. I have them on the laptop which isn't connected to a printer. So, I have to save the notes to a flashdrive and then plug that into my desktop pc and print from there. One of these days I'm going to buy a printer to go with the laptop but I don't know when. I would like to get a wireless printer. Anyway, I want this story to be a murder mystery. Something quite different than anything I've written in the past. I always thought I couldn't write mysteries because I don't read enough of them. But I've been reading the Nero Wolfe books and I want the main character of this story to continue on maybe with other books down the road. With romance novels, the main characters are pretty much limited to that book and don't continue on as main characters in other books. I'm having real trouble composing on the laptop. I like being able to flip back through handwritten pages to see what I've written. On the laptop I have to push the arrow keys. I feel like I have more access to everything if it's on paper. So, I figure I can write it longhand and then type it up on the laptop. If I want to transcribe it in the family room instead of here in the living room, then the laptop and the handwritten pages are portable. I'm hoping the murder mystery plot will help me cope with sucky work experiences. People I can't stand at work, I can take some qualities they possess and give them to characters in the book, then make the characters do things. I will, of course, write nothing about the type of work I do or anything like that. The book is supposed to be an escape from everyday reality so I don't want to keep thinking about work while I'm at home. But, to give an example of what I'm thinking about: Kathie Lee Gifford used to talk about her kids all the time when she was on the Regis and Kathie Lee show and people hated that. So, if I hated that, I would write about a character who talked all the time about her ....... pets, or her plants. That kind of thing.

What did I do today other than work on these notes? I cleaned part of the refrigerator. I brushed Fritz. I washed some towels. Watched some golf. I got to the store and back by 7:40am this morning. I was happy about that. I bought the dremel rotary tool to use on the dogs' nails. I had it on, letting everyone get used to the noise and Winnie came up to sniff it. She got her nose so close to the sandpaper it scared her. I actually got PJ's nails on it for a few seconds and then I got Steffi's nails on it. The nail dust flew up into the air. Why did I go to Mom and Dad's today instead of tomorrow? Because dad had to take my car to get it inspected. On his way back, he stopped and bought a radiator hose to put on my car. I think I wrote previously that there's a leak somewhere. I don't know when he will put the hose on the car. Like I said to dad, he's just so busy not having a job to go to, he just can't find the time.

I was going to record Top Gear today so I would have a couple of episodes to watch in case BBC America decided to take the show off. But I watched golf instead. There should be a couple of episodes on Monday night I can record.

I'm thinking I need to stay up later at night. I've been having active dreams and I want them to stop. So, maybe if I stay up late, I'll be so tired that I won't dream at all.

No comments: