Saturday, April 26, 2008

Something Different

I decided sometime on Thursday I think that I needed to reboot. A complete restart on the diet thing. For the last week I had overeaten and eaten the wrong foods. So, Friday night I stopped at Walmart on the way home and bought a bunch of fruit and vegetables. When I say a bunch I mean quantity, not variety. There aren't many fruits and vegetables I'll eat out there. But I had decided to do only fruits and vegetables this weekend and the start my diet again on Monday. So, what did I buy? I bought apples, oranges, watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes, salad mix, carrots, celery, and two cans of chili beans. I'm making smoothies out of the oranges, watermelon and strawberries (I had to buy a blender for that). The smoothies aren't bad but they aren't sinfully wonderful either. But they are the only way I would ever get strawberries into my diet. I won't eat them. Around 9am this morning I decided that peanut butter was either a fruit or a vegetable. I had to have some kind of protein so I ate about three tablespoons of it. For lunch I had the salad mix, some tomatoes sliced up on it, and the chili beans (more protein). Oh, I bought a green bell pepper and an orange bell pepper to chop up and put in the salad. I don't eat those either so I minced them pretty good and stuck them in the beans when I heated the beans up. I just finished another smoothie and there's still dinner and evening snack to go.

Do you realize this will mean that for two days I won't have any chocolate to eat???? Boy am I crazy.

What have I been doing today? Well, I got out at 7am and walked outside for about 20 minutes. Then at 10am, the sun was out, I went out again to try to get a tan. I walked and walked for about an hour. After lunch I went out and washed and waxed my car and I finished just in time because not long after that did it start raining. I watched some tennis this morning and golf's on now. Oh, and I rolled up some more change since I bought more penny wrappers when I was at walmart. And I called the credit card people and activated my new, pretty, credit card. I signed up with an online account for the sole purpose of getting a card that had a pretty picture on it. This one has a Monet painting.

I don't know if the fruit and vegetable weekend will result in any weightloss or anything. But it can't hurt any more than the pizza I ate this past week did.

I'll let you know if I go the whole weekend without quitting or cheating.

No comments: