Thursday, May 06, 2004

Chris tells me the link for the Pirates of the Caribbean story didn't work. So, I found another story on the Detriot Free Press website that said the same thing and copied it below.

Avast, ye hardies! Actor Johnny Depp wants that living death's head, Rolling Stone Keith Richards, to play his father in the sequel to Depp's successful swashbuckler adventure, "Pirates of the Caribbean," reports Britain's ITV and People.com.

All along, Depp said he modeled his Jack Sparrow pirate character after the Stones' breathing corpse and it earned him a best actor Oscar nomination. When the film came out, Depp told the BBC: "I didn't want to do an imitation of Keith, or a character study, just a kind of salute to him, you know, to show him I appreciate him."

Richards, 60, would play Sparrow's father -- here's a surprise, he's a pirate too! -- in the proposed sequel to start shooting next year.

Since Richards looks like he might have trouble remembering anything beyond "I need a love to keep me happy," Depp reportedly would even settle for a Richards cameo.

No comments: