Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I took Steffi to the vet tonight. She wasn't eating well and she kept throwing up. This started Saturday morning after she ate something unidentifiable Friday night. The vet said right off the bat that given the way she smelled that she had eaten some kind of dead wild thing and that it had caused severe gastritis. She also had a fever. So the vet gave her a couple of shots and some pills. Hopefully she will get better. The vet says he sees a lot of this thing during hunting season.

Today was my birthday and I got a cute little plastic jar from April (she said it would be perfect to hold my gobstoppers). I got avon products from Connie, a woman at work with whom I'm not really all that friendly. But I do help her work the copier so I guess she was showing her appreciation. Julie bought me a candy bar yesterday for my birthday and my sister got me a Linda Eder cd. She sings Broadway show tunes and such. I confess I opened that present yesterday, but I didn't play it until today. "Don't Rain on My Parade" and "Man of La Mancha" never sounded better.

Today was also the Christmas Party at work. We actually got by without having to listen to Grace before the meal. Considering we are all paid with government funds, I object to having to be forced to listen to Christian stuff at work as organized by management, but I normally don't make a fuss over it. We are in the bible belt. Julie gave me another candy bar today for helping her and John get the right answer on a case they were working on. I took it home and showed it to my dad and before I knew it he had it opened and was eating it! I never said he could have it.

No comments: