Saturday, April 30, 2005

46 minutes, 06 seconds and 2.31 miles on the treadmill today. I dug some new shoes (new in this case means nearly brand new shoes handed down to me from my Aunt Beulah May, courtesy of my cousin Teresa) out of the closet and they seemed to do a really good job with my feet today. I think I will keep them for a while and hopefully find time to buy new shoes at walmart in the next few weeks. The cd player I use while I'm on the treadmill quit working today. I'll have to try to clean it later and see if that helps. 46 minutes on the treadmill is really long and boring without music.

According to a woman's magazine I'm currently reading, my fat trouble can be blamed on a lack of Phytoestrogens. I can get more of these if I eat soy products, legumes, flaxseeds or cruciferous veggies (cabbage and mustard greens). So, I will be on the internet trying to find recipes for dishes that call for these things but taste like pizza. LOL! Sometimes it's a pain being a picky eater. I have heard that tofu can be made to taste like anything. I may have to investigate that claim.

Mom gets to retire! This is good because her current place of employment is really sucky. It's also bad because she will be here at home every single day now. Once the question of who gets downsized gets settled in a few months, I will have to start looking seriously for a house (provided I'm n ot one of the ones getting downsized). I don't think I can handle both parents being home every day I am.

No comments: