Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I just finished reading a new Alias book. It's called 2 of a Kind. It is the first of the APO series, which means that they have mysteriously jumped from the prequel books into the most recent storyline - a span of maybe 10 years. I liked the prequel books, and I wonder why they stopped writing those. Hopefully they will come back. Anyway, 2 of a Kind was a good book, some nice Jack and Vaughn moments. Alias is on tonight and hopefully we will learn more about how sick Jack is after exposing himself to dangerously high radiation levels a couple of weeks ago to save Sydney.

Nashville Star was on last night. I didn't get to vote because it comes on while I'm in bed asleep and voting is only open for 3 hours after the show airs. Next week is the final episode and the three contestants left are Jason Meadows, Erika Jo, and Jody Evans. I like all three of them, but none of them really reach out and grab me like Buddy Jewell and Miranda Lambert did in season 1. If I was ranking the final three in order of winner to second runner up it would be Jason, Erika Jo and Jody. Jason is a solid performer who can't go wrong with a George Strait song. Erika Jo is a young (18ish) lady who has a powerful voice. Jody is a police officer who has mastered rockabilly. The reason I pick Jason to win is because he is more marketable than the other two. His only drawback is that if you close your eyes and just listen to his voice, it's hard to distinguish him from Strait, or Tracy Byrd. Erika Jo is exceptionally good, but when I see her I think of Rebecca Lynn Howard, who has just as strong a voice, but really hasn't made much noise since her song, Forgive, was released. I'm afraid Erika Jo will be big for a year or two and then we won't hear from her much after that. I placed Jody third because of his rockabilly style. I don't know how marketable that is. But then Jason is a cowboy and that's what he does most of the time, so both are defined by one predominant style. I'm sure the voting has resulted in a very close margin between all three contestants. I will probably buy the cd of the winner, no matter which one that is. I don't think I would be disappointed by any of the three. It's probably a good thing I didn't vote. I doubt I could have really decided on just one to vote for.

No comments: