Friday, April 15, 2005

Shopping

Today I went shopping. Yay for me. I had to wait until the mail had come before heading out. By then it was about noon. So, I went to Dollar General and bought a towel to place in the back dash of my car - I do this to keep the sun from fading my interior. I also bought a couple of mirrors. We have this crazy bird at our house who loves to fight every mirror it sees because it believes the bird in the mirror is a rival. So, I got a mirror to hang up near my car because the bird's favorite mirrors are the side view mirrors of our vehicles. We really don't like the mess the bird leaves behind on our vehicles after the fights. I stopped by Rite-Aid and bought a couple of things and shopped around a little. Rite Aid has really pretty garden decoration - sun catcher things. But they are a bit expensive. I bet Polly could make them and sell them though.

After Rite Aid, it was about 1pm and I had to think about lunch since I left the house without it. So, I first had to decide if I could do Walmart and Krogers and get home without getting too hungry or getting a headache from not eating. I decided no, I couldn't. So, then I just had to choose the place to eat. I considered Pizza Hut and the Mexican Restaurant. Since I had already had pizza once this week, I chose Mexican. I was disappointed to find out that the mexican place no longer has a buffet, but I ate there anyway. As with most Mexican restaurants, this one provided complimentary chips and salsa while waiting on my order. The salsa was some of the hottest I've ever had. It would have been nice if someone could have warned me first.

After leaving a generous 28% tip, I paid for the meal and left for Walmart. At Walmart I bought various things, such as a new flower pot for my African Violet I have at work. It's grown too big for the container it has. I also found a Dora the Explorer beach towel that I bought for my niece. They have all moved to Florida, so naturally she would need a beach towel. A couple was trying to sell puppies outside the Walmart. They were half boxer half shepherd puppies. The mother was big and the puppies big and cute, but I don't want a big dog so I wasn't too tempted. Someone else had a little weiner dog in the back of their car in the Walmart parking lot. The window was down some so the little dog could breathe. It was a cute little thing.

I got home and unpacked all the stuff I bought. Then watched a little of Dr. Phil. Saw some woman who thought everyone in the whole world was jealous of her. I figured the people acted the way they did not because they were jealous of her, but because they didn't like her attitude - the one that believes that there's something to be jealous of. Took Fritz outside for a bit and now I'm waiting around for Andromeda to come on at 7pm.

It was a really beautiful day here, nice, breezy, warm and sunny but not hot. The whole summer should feel just like this with about a day a week of rain. We still need rain, just not tons of it for days at a time.

No comments: