Friday, April 08, 2005

Finally!!!

It's about time I get to post on my own blog. Yesterday I tried and tried to post an entry and I kept getting a message about something having no data or content or something like that. So, I thought, well, maybe it's my web browser, so I switched from Firefox to IE and still nothing. Finally, I got to the create a post screen and had composed an entry, only to have it disappear and not post at all! I don't know what's going on with Blogger, but they need to fix it. I may have to start composing all my entries on wp software and then copying and pasting them into this create a post screen when I get a chance so I don't lose my entry. Let me see if I can recall what I said yesterday that didn't get posted:

1) The romance book I told you about earlier was pretty good. The female lead character got on my nerves a bit but not as much as some do. The book was well plotted and the characters were pretty good. The author brought them to life in a way that I rarely see these days. I especially liked the flashback scenes of the two main characters.

2) Alias on Wednesday was excellent. Not the whole Sydney and Vaughn thing, but Jack and his actions to save his daughter just rocked. He is awesome. I don't really want to see him sick and/or dying and I have hope that he will pull through and recover fully. I don't think the writers would kill him off. I do want to know what's going on between him and Sloane. I get the impression that whatever deal Jack agreed to, it's because he's protecting Sydney from whatever the final Rambaldi hunt will bring. That whole prophesy about the Chosen One (Sydney) and the Passenger (Nadia) fighting each other and one dying - I think Jack made his deal with Sloane to try to affect that somehow.

3) I was watching part of the first round of the Masters golf tournament and I actually ended up defending Tiger Woods to the announce team. This is unusual because I am no fan of Tiger Woods. But, I don't think the announce team should have characterized things the way they did after Tiger's putt rolled into Ray's Creek on the 13th hole. The announce team said that this had to be highly embarrassing for Tiger because it's the worst shot they had ever seen in golf. Well, it wouldn't be so embarrassing for Tiger if the media hadn't built up his reputation as high as they did. The media made Tiger into some golfing god-like being and now chooses to highlight his bad shot and build that up into something as well. Shame on the media.

No comments: