Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I started reading this book I picked up at Walmart today. It's called Calculated Risk. It's about a female genius who is affiliated with the CIA and her older male trainer. At first glance, you might think this bears some resemblance to my Manuscript Destiny story, but the more I get into the book, it becomes clear that the stories are really nothing alike. Thank goodness. I would hate to think that I had the same idea someone else had years before. But it's an interesting book thus far. The only thing that annoys me about it is that this writer has obviously taken the 'show, don't tell' rule to heart. Every little detail she can throw in there to make you believe these guys are spies is described. For a reader who pretty much only reads dialogue, this makes for a difficult read. Oh well. It's still a pretty good book.

We have had some really good weather the last few days. I have actually gotten some exercise after work thanks to the sunshine and warm temperatures. Since I fell off the diet wagon a few weeks ago and ate anything I wanted to for about three weeks, I figured I'd better get back on track.

My sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew have moved to Florida from Cincinatti. From what I hear, it was a big hassle and a lot of things didn't go as planned, but I think things are settling down a little now.

No comments: