Wednesday, October 19, 2005

More on the PC

I had some time tonight to check out more about my computer. I found Microsoft Works on there so I don't have to install it. I don't know why they gave me a cd of it if it's already on the computer. Must be a tech geek thing. My computer plays dvds, which is exciting. I set up a workout spreadsheet on the new pc since I don't have corel software on there. And I saved a bunch of pictures from cd's onto my new computer. John at work asked me what my processor was and a bunch of other stuff and I just said "I don't know John. It's number, number, number, dot, number, number something". He likes it when I get all technical. LOL! I also asked John about the phone situation and he said I could either get a different modem (not likely) or find a phone accessory that would give me the extra plug in thing for the phone.

Mom and Dad went to a couple of places today to check into Dish Network for me. One place would only do the free equipment with an 18 month contract thing and the other place would sell equipment but the owner was so busy mom said I might have to actually make an appointment to see her. HAH! I found out that Sears and another place in town also do Dish Network, so I think I might stop by them tomorrow after work and find out more. I was tempted to just order it online, but I think I'd be better off talking to a live person.

I haven't called to get set up with internet service on my pc yet. I might do that this weekend. If I do that during the day, then I might get a different tech geek who won't be so slow.

ABC sitcoms are much funnier than NBC.

No comments: