Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Septic Tank Saga (continued.....)

Update on the septic tank: The guy couldn't find one in our yard. So, he was going to check with the health department to see if there was ever one recorded for our property. But it looks like we may be spending about $4000.00 to put one in. Good thing I'll be paying half of that. Dad has about three different things his half could be used for other than this, but it needs to be done. And he is rather philosophical about it. He said that in all 26 years we've lived here, we've never had to do anything about it until now so we really can't complain about the cost.
***********************
Change of subject: Mom and Dad once again harped on my size tonight. So, I broke down and told them how much I weigh. I weighed myself Monday morning because I know I'm nearing the end of the weightloss experience and I need to come up with a target weight to finish with. After I told Mom and Dad how much I weighed, they seemed satisfied that I was still sufficiently fat enough to work out, so hopefully I won't be getting harrassed anymore. Today at work everyone in the kitchen was commenting about my weightloss and they were asking April how I was accomplishing it. I don't take lunch in the kitchen so I missed it all. But poor April had to answer the questions and she doesn't really know what I do on my diet. But then, I always get asked where she is and how she's doing when she's off from work, so it's good that she gets to be my keeper once in a while. LOL! It's funny how the people at work think if you work well with someone that you're each other's best friends and spend all your time together or something. April and I never spend time together outside of work and during her whole broken leg experience, I never had her phone number, home email address or anything. But people would still ask me how she was doing and if I'd heard from her. Funny how offices work that way.

No comments: