Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Well, I bought a computer today. It's a Compaq. I think I might have a bit of a problem however. With mom's computer there is a place to plug in the phone line and a place to plug in the phone so that you can use the phone and the computer from one phone cord and one jack. But I don't think my computer has the option of plugging in the phone. I will have to investigate further or set up the computer with easy access so I can plug and unplug the phone line constantly. Mayber there's a phone accessory I can get to make this easier. A jack with two plug-thingys or something. I did get a semi-good deal on the computer. It was originally $592 and I got it for $395. The box had been wet and some of the instructions were destroyed, but I managed to get it all hooked up.

The one thing I am missing is Wordperfect software. I think we got that from my brother in law. I don't know if he left the disk with us or if he kept it. I will have to ask mom if she has a copy. The new computer came with Works so I will have something as soon as I install it.

I tried to sign up for Citynet internet service tonight but the guy on the phone (His name is Chad) was just too confused about the idea of mom, the phone number and the computer moving to a new house. Then we got disconnected. So, I figured it was God's way of saying "Miranda, wait until you get your own phone number and then call them. They are tech geeks, don't expect too much from them." And you could tell he was bored with his job. He ran through the questions at lightning speed as if everyone could understand all the words when they are run together that way. Sure, he may have said the same thing hundreds of times before, but this was the first time I heard the speech so he should have spoken a bit clearer.

Dad took the satellite dish today. So, I'm stuck watching the Biggest Loser right now. At least I have the antenna for local channels and I have dvds. But Mom and Dad are supposed to get me a dish to replace the one they took and I'll probably have to help them hook it up tomorrow. This show is interesting. I applaud the weightloss aspect, but you can tell that it's true that if you lose weight too fast, then you have skin hanging on you that won't shrink back.

No comments: