Saturday, February 02, 2008

Splurge

I spent too much today at walmart. I bought a Furreal Friends Baby Pig. It is sooooo cute!!!! And I bought an mp3 player out of the toys section. I didn't get a 'real' mp3 player because you'd have to talk to the walmart workers and they would have to open the glass case and everything. This one I bought works. There's some weird kind of scratchy thing going on with it, like a cassette tape that gets garbled. But it only lasts a few seconds. And this mp3 player is blue, has little hearts on it and rhinestones. So, it's cute. It took me a while to figure out how to work the thing. I couldn't even find where you put the battery for a while. There were no directions in the book about inserting the batteries.

I haven't done anything else today. I need to dye my hair, cook a turkey and do my taxes. I think I can dye my hair tonight and cook the turkey in a little bit. I'll wait to do that until after I go see if there's any mail. I don't want to leave the house with food cooking.

I'm giving the soup diet a break for a few days. I bought some flour tortillas and some chi-chi's shredded chicken fajita stuffing and some lettuce, tomato and low fat cheese and I'm making some 'pizzas' in the toaster oven. I can tell my diet's been pretty bland lately because the I think the chicken stuff is not agreeing with my tummy. Ooh, and I bought these little 4 ounce stoneware ramekins that were on clearance. So, I can make little chicken fajita potpie things too.

No comments: