Thursday, February 19, 2004

Home Rant

I was eating supper tonight when Dad, who wasn't doing a thing, yelled at me and said that Steffi had thrown up again and it needed to be cleaned up. I swear I don't know where he got this Lord of the Manor attitude, but he thinks he can just order me around. So, I obviously told him I wasn't cleaning the puke up until I had eaten my supper. And I didn't. I even washed all my dishes first, which I hardly ever do.

Well, as you've no doubt deduced, Steffi is still feeling poorly. She didn't eat today except for a doggie treat, which I'm guessing is what she threw up. So, I defrosted some turkey breast this evening and fed her that with that Slippery Elm bark stuff poured over it. She licked it all up. And she hasn't thrown up again. I was hoping the Slippery Elm would buy her enough time to get over whatever it is she's got, but I think I will have to take her to the vet on Saturday. Can't do it tomorrow because I work until 4:30 and the vet is open from 3pm to 5 pm. There won't be enough time to go home and get her there before they close. Adding his two cents worth into it, Dad said, "She's gonna die. You might as well give up on her." She is nowhere near death's door. She's just got a cold or something. With Mr. Sunshine (aka my dad) in my life, it's a wonder I'm not on maximum strength Zoloft.

No comments: