Saturday, February 07, 2004

I just had an interesting meeting with a couple of pretty cute guys from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They apparently walked all the way up our driveway in this cold snowy weather to spread the word of their beliefs. Bless their hearts. As they were cute and young and hadn't yet had their hopes and dreams dashed by the cruel evilness of real life, I let them tell me how they knew it to be true that Joseph Smith was a prophet and such. And I believe them since they told me this about 15 times in five minutes. I was a little amazed that they are called elders and they are about 20 to 24 years old. What are the really old members of their Church called? I think they thought that in this weather I would take pity on them and invite them in, but no. Faith in one's beliefs only gets stronger when one is met with adversity, so the cold was better for their souls in the long run.

No comments: