Tuesday, February 17, 2004

My dog Steffi has been throwing up for the last couple of days. So, I searched the internet for some home remedies for upset stomachs, hoping I could find something to help her. What I found was Slippery Elm Bark. Tonight after work, I stopped at the local pharmacy and found Slippery Elm Bark for sale. For $8.00 a bottle, 100 capsules. Steffi is a chihuahua. I don't think she's going to need all 100 capsules. So, I thought I would look up this herb to see what humans can use it for. I think this stuff will probably go stale before we use it. I gave Steffi some of this slippery elm bark tonight. She is leery of any liquid poured out onto a paper plate (that's how she used to get her worm medicine), so I had to get the liquid on my fingers and then she licked them. Eventually, she did lick up the slippery elm that was on the plate. I think I might give her a little more tonight before we go to bed. Steffi might go to the vet if she doesn't get over whatever this is. And if this wasn't enough, Fritz, my other dog, didn't eat supper either. *sigh* I think he's pouting because I had to go to work today after being home with him for five straight days. He can be such a baby at times.

You can see pictures of Steffi and Fritz by clicking on the Photo Album button in the green box.

No comments: