Friday, February 27, 2004

Today was an interesting day at work. I'm glad it's over. I had to sit in on the job interviews for the vacant Tech position. I met several people, learned things I never thought I would know, and was told by my supervisor that it was pretty much up to me who was picked since I was going to be working with that person every day, training him or her. So, I stalled long enough so that my supervisor eventually said, "well, if it was me, I would pick so & so." Once she said who she would pick, I felt more comfortable picking that person. I was leaning toward that person anyway. Also today, my new nemesis, Little Miss Commissioner, tried to pick another fight with me. She was quoting policy, but it was the policy for third parties, not for the scenario my audit covered. So, I told her she was wrong (politely). She dragged her supervisor into it. I dragged my field attorney into it and that was the last I heard from her. She's probably calling up the Feds in Washington trying to get them to back her up. Why can't she get another job? I would ask why she couldn't win the lottery (thinking that if she won, she would quit and I'd never hear from her again) but my luck being what it is, she would be one of those foolish people who win the lottery but KEEP ON working. Extremely unfair for me. Those people need a wake up call. And when I finally got released from Interview duty, I was mobbed by my co-workers who just can't live without my knowledge of all things financial. It's great to be loved! One thing bugged me all day about the interviews. The list of questions we used had the word "complement" in it. It was supposed to be "compliment". That drove me nuts! I just hope the person we picked will work out.

No comments: