Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I just crossed two more things off my Wish List.  I got the Season 2 Andromeda Box Set and Alias: Vanishing Act today in the mail.  I can't wait to watch the dvds and post some insightful comments on the "The Earth Has Skin" blog.  The Alias book will be read by the end of the week, I'm sure. 

I watched some of the Democratic National Convention last night on tv.  Al Gore was funny.  Jimmy Carter kicked butt - odd for the Peace Prize Winner.  I didn't get to see Bill Clinton or Hillary introduce him.  They had a kids choir singing the real This Land is Your Land song, which I thought was funny considering the link I posted last week about the parody of the song.  I think tonight Ron Reagan Jr is supposed to speak about stem cell research.  Sorry if I'm wrong about when.  That might be interesting to watch since all I've seen him do lately is dog show hosting.  But he's good at that.   He has a good voice for that kind of work.  Last night Glenn Close gave a little speech about the women in the Senate and she said the first woman senator or the first democrat woman senator was elected to office in 1932. Then she introduced some woman to speak.  I thought, wow, that woman looks good to have been elected 72 years ago.  Someone didn't do a very good job with Close's speech.  They should have at least identified by name the woman elected in 1932.  As it was, the speech suggested that the 1932 woman and this new speaker were the same people. 


No comments: