Thursday, July 22, 2004

The Return of Neighborcat

Neighborcat, a.k.a "The Tailess Wonder" or "Lucky" returned to our humble abode this morning for some food. He had been absent from our company for about a month. Where ever he's been he has not been in any new accidents or fights (no new wounds) and he has been fed and groomed! Hopefully, his string of GOOD luck will continue.

No one in our office won the Individual BEST Award this time. So, our boycott of the rigged event has resumed. We plan to give out our own best awards.   If the State Office people want us to participate, then they better give us the group award. 

The new supervisor called me today to ask me some questions about an accounting procedure.  We still haven't been officially told that she was selected to be our new supervisor.  Maybe they will make the announcement when she actually starts to work in our office.  A little late, but hey, that's government work for you.

I came in from work today and Mom said, "Miranda, tell your dad how to make meringue."  I have never made meringue in my life, but I know it has something to do with beating egg whites until they are white and resemble whipped cream.  You never know what you'll encounter when my dad is left up to his own devices. 

No comments: