Saturday, July 10, 2004

Snow Cones Rule

Since it's been so ridiculously hot here, I have been dying of thirst. But, I can only drink so much water, so the other night I took a hammer to some ice cubes. Eating ice cubes would quench the thirst but wouldn't have me drinking gallons of water. While it was great therapy to crush and smash stuff, it was also loud and a bit of a hassle. So, Mom bought a snow-cone maker today at Walmart. It works great. She got some cherry syrup to go with it, but plain snow is the best on a hot day.

Someone with the electric company really screwed up somewhere. Our electric bill for this past month is nearly three times what it was last month. Of course last month's KW usage was an outrageously low number so I would say some lazy bum working for the electric company didn't read the meter like he was supposed to (or was too stupid to know how to read it) and turned in the wrong number and now this month the company is trying to make up for it. Dad will go through the roof when he sees the bill. Wonder if I can be somewhere else when that happens......

No comments: