Friday, July 30, 2004

Today at work was the retirement party for our supervisor. She has worked for our agency for 32 years, longer than I and April have been alive. Oh, and Scarlett is younger than that too. Our prospective new supervisor came down for the festivities but she wasn't a bit festive. She didn't socialize with anyone but the two people who came up from the personnel office, our retiring supervisor, and our Regional Manager. You'd think she'd at least make small talk with some of the workers she would be supervising. A couple people from P-Burg came down and they were friendly. Scarlett made a couple of cute decorative pillows for the retiring supervisor. The Real Estate woman who sells houses while she's supposed to be working her government job had the nerve to doubt that Scarlett made them herself. And Scarlett, it was Julie who told me that Real Estate woman and RAM were buddies, but yesterday, she told you that they weren't - Just an interesting point. Scarlett, April and I helped set some of the things up for the shindig and I guess as a thank you, we were given the floral centerpieces that were on the tables we used for the luncheon. I'm not for sure about that because we weren't at our desks when April and I got ours. Scarlett asked the regional manager if she could have one of them and the RAM said yes, but when April asked, the Ram said she had to bring the vase back. So, we've been teasing Scarlett all day about being the Ram's favorite. When April and I left work, Scarlett was in the office with the RAM and the prospective new supervisor and the door was closed.
Scarlett, I'm not working Monday, so if you read this before then, post a
comment and tell me what the big secret meeting was about.
Someone in the office told April and me that they were going to have to repost the supervisor position and make everyone interview again because there will be too much time between the first interview and the actual filling of the position. .......... Funny comment taken out of context: "And I'm not wearing that many clothes." Sometimes work is all right :)

No comments: