Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Tonight's Rendition of the National Anthem.....

kicking off tonight's Democratic National Convention program did not sound all that great.  I'm sure the guy did a good job, but it didn't appeal to me.  Last night, Ted Kennedy gave a rousing speech that was peppered with little history lessons about Boston's importance in the founding of the New World and the Revolution.  I summed it up at work today by saying that it had sounded to me like he was calling for the masses to overthrow the government.  LOL!  See what happens when you take comments out of context?  I missed Ron Reagan's speech.  I think it stinks that all the good speakers are on after I go to bed.  Don't these guys know that the working class has to work the next day and can't stay up 'til midnight watching them?  Tonight,  John Edwards  is supposed to speak, once again after I go to bed.  I'm looking forward to the Daily Show's coverage of the Convention.  I love John Stewart.

Now for something a little different....  A few months ago, Dad planted some pear seeds in my flower pot that houses my miniature orange tree.  As the little seedlings grew Dad grew more and more suspicious of their true nature.  I had planted several orange tree seeds before finally getting one to sprout and Dad seemed to think that these seedlings of his had actually been those old orange tree seeds sprouting.  I made a point of telling him that that's what he gets for touching my stuff.  He's always taking what's mine and using what's mine.  But tonight I looked up pear trees on the internet and the leaves on our seedlings look like the leaves of a pear tree, so I'm thinking that these seedlings are really pear trees. 

After work I stopped by Walmart and ran into John, the attorney I work with.  I had just left him there at work and then saw him at the store.  He said, "are you following me?" and I said, "No, I'm stalking you."  He laughed and said, "I always wanted a stalker."  Heehee.  We are very lucky to have someone with his personality as our attorney. 

No comments: