Sunday, October 24, 2004

"Corruption and Cronyism"

I'm watching a debate between the three candidates for Governor of WV. The republican candidate, Monty Warner, has said the phrase "corruption and cronyism" probably once every three minutes or so since this debate started. It would appear that Warner has no real platform or ideas for leading our state for the next four years. He is just obsessed with corruption and cronyism. Something he should know about since one of his brothers is the chairman of the State's Republican party (a party, by the way, which contributed $600,000 to a group who has been accused of not turning in voters registration forms which were completed by democrats) and his other brother is a US Attorney. Monty Warner spent 25 years in the military. I think he has listened to Dick Cheney's rosy outlook of the future (the nuclear bombs exploding in our cities if the 'wrong' candidate is elected president outlook) so much that paranoia has just paralyzed him. Right now, Warner has just said that he and Joe Manchin are friends. I don't know about the rest of you, but if a friend alleges that I'm involved in criminal activities and calls for investigations against me, I don't characterize that as an act of friendship. Just goes to show you how delusional Republicans are. I think I like the Mountain party candidate Jesse Johnson. He was excluded from the other debates, which I thought was extremely unfair. I'm not too sure about his capabilities as Governor, but he sure can refer to studies and facts and statistics. And he has great hair and a good speaking voice. None of the candidates mentioned any ideas for raises for state employees, but they loved to pour it on for the teachers. Oh those poor teachers with their special retirement plans and special raises and special health care packages. Give me a break. There should not be discrimination like that in state government. In his closing statement, Monty Warner has just 'humbly' asked for our vote. Please. During the debate I ate a few too many toll house pan cookies (yummy chocolate chip delights) and now Warner's comments are nearly making me toss those cookies, so to speak.

No comments: