Thursday, January 06, 2005

First a Princess.........

And Now a King! My sister had her baby last night. We knew it was a boy and they had already named him Timothy Edward. 7 pounds, 12 ounces or so. 19 inches long. I was hoping he would wait until the 8th to make his appearance - that is Elvis Presley's birthday. But little Timmy just couldn't wait. I will still refer to him as "Little King" though (as in Elvis is the King of Rock n Roll). If they can have "Princess" Jasmine (my niece) then Timmy can be a King. Also, as soon as I heard they were naming him Timmy I had a horrible thought, which knowing my niece, will probably come true someday. It starts by remembering the old tv show Lassie, about the collie and her master, Timmy. A running joke, or it might actually have been on the show back in the old days, about that show is that Lassie would come running up to the parents and bark at them whenever Timmy got into trouble. And so one time, Lassie ran up to one of the parents and started barking. The parent said, "What's that Lassie? Timmy's stuck in a well?" Well, when I heard my sister and brother-in-law were naming this one Timmy, all I could think of was Jassie (short for Jasmine) coming up to my sister and telling her what had happened to Timmy: "What's that Jassie? Timmy's stuck in a well? And you pushed him in?" And people think I'm strange for just wanting pets. Hahaha!!!

No comments: