Monday, January 03, 2005

I got my DVD recorder today!!! I had no problems hooking it up to everything, which is surprising because usually my dad and I have to have our 'family bonding' moments (that means we yell at each other about how to hook up the machine). So far I know it will record our network channels and our satellite dish channels. I haven't tried copying vhs tapes yet. I figure I'll play with that this weekend. I took an extra day off from work so I can learn how to use this thing. This manual is ridiculously complex. It starts on one subject and then without explaining it all, it tells you to see page such-n-such. That makes it hard to actually learn how to work the recorder. But I'll figure it out. Oh, and I will have to find out if the dvds I make will play in the other dvd players I have. That's important because I don't want to become forcibly brand loyal to Pioneer (the maker of the dvd recorder).

Important lesson of the day: If you have a tooth with a really bad cavity, Twizzlers candy should not be eaten. I am in such pain right now. I have to go brush my teeth.

No comments: