Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ranting time

I have really had it with the adjustment unit. The adjustment unit is a group of people who review my work and keep an error rate on me. These people have not demonstrated an expertise in performing my job duties. They are people who have been hired in off the street with little or no training. So, the very idea of them keeping an error rate on someone who has done the job for 6 years is absurd to say the least. Well, my error rate, for what it's worth considering how many mistakes they make, is under 5% which means I have the nice title of 'released worker'. Theoretically, a released worker does not have their work scrutinized as closely as new workers with higher error rates. And a released worker has the ability to just send an email to the adjustment unit instructing them to label a case as audited, if the case is correct, without having to do a lot of paperwork. Well, today, Evil Lona (name changed to keep people from finding out who I am) sent me an email asking me to send paperwork to her to have a case labeled as audited because other cases involving those customers were being audited and they all have to have the same 'audited as of' date. The case Lona wanted the paperwork on was correct. So, I emailed a supervisor down there to ask why a released worker would have to submit paperwork for a case that is correct. And guess what. I never did get an answer. So, I have to take my concerns to my regional manager tomorrow. Tony sure is a big help - NOT. He didn't even open the email I sent to the supervisor at the adj. unit. Some supervisor he is. The new governor here is talking about reducing the size of government. He can start with the adjustment unit. Someone may have to point him in a certain direction........

No comments: