Thursday, January 13, 2005

I don't normally criticize the tv shows I watch regularly. I'm not one of those people who say the writers should have done this or that. But last night's Alias had one moment that was just difficult to buy. Nadia, a trained spy, was told that the villain they were currently chasing was also responsible for killing her mother. Gee, what a coincidence. Not. Jack faked some intel to make it appear as though the villain had killed Irina. What I found difficult to believe was that Nadia would just accept the coincidence of the case they were working on and her mother's killer being tied together. It was so transparent. But, I really think that Nadia knows everything that no one else does about Rambaldi and that she's using everyone. So, I guess I would have to believe that she was playing Jack.

Off topic - I'm watching a golf tournament now. It's the Sony Open in Hawaii and it's a PGA tour event. So, it's a men's event. Interestingly, it looks like they are letting Michelle Wie play. She is a native of Hawaii, so I guess she gets a sponsor's exemption or something. Some of the men on the PGA tour have issues with women being allowed to play with them in the same event. It's one of the few things that disappoint me about the sport. When I first started watching golf, it was a nice, pleasant sport with adults rather than overpaid kids who do nothing but get into trouble with the law. For the most part, golf is still a sport for well mannered adults, but there are some times when some of that spoiled kid attitude creeps in. Not that I'm in favor of combining the LPGA and PGA into one tour and making the men and women play together forever. I think there should be separate tours. But I do think that a few times a year, the two tours should play together. Tennis has Mixed Doubles teams, why not have a couple of golf tournaments a year where men and women can compete against each other?

No comments: