Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Attention US Post Office Employees

I went to my local post office today to buy stamps. The poster hanging up in the lobby told me all about the forever stamp. I had also read about the forever stamp on the USPS website. The website says it's on sale now. Well, when I got to the window and asked for stamps, the worker did NOT offer me the forever stamp. I had to buy $0.39 stamps. I'm used to the US Government lying about things like weapons of mass destruction and how well the war on terror is going. But to be lied to about the availability of the forever stamp is unacceptable. Sure, they deliver mail in the rain, sleet and dark of night, but when it comes to selling you the stamps, there seems to be a different kind of code they are following - the same kind that inspired the bait and switch laws.

No comments: