Monday, May 14, 2007

Update on the Puppies

The puppies are doing fairly well. They know what the puppy pads are for and about 70 to 80% of the time, they use the puppy pads. They currently have an issue because they think the pads are for pee and not poop. But they can overcome that. They don't eat very much, but then they are chihuahuas and have very small tummies. And they are confirmed lap-puppies. They much prefer to sleep on my lap than in their bed. I try not to let them do that too often.

Mom and dad came up today to give me a little help with them and to do some things around the house. Dad mowed the grass and moved a small dorm sized refrigerator out of my way. He also cut Steffi's nails for me. Mom puppy-sat while I did a few things around the house and she cut my hair today. They got to watch the puppies play and see them use the puppy pads.

I've had the tennis channel on all day and I'm just about to the point of insanity over hearing the repeated cheers of "let's go _______, let's go". The crowds are driving me nuts.

I've been getting up at 1:30am to let the puppies out of their crate so they can use the puppy pads. Saturday night, it worked great. Last night, I must have been a few minutes too late. There was #2 in the crate. But it was half on the puppy pad so I think whichever one did it had good intentions.

No comments: