Saturday, May 19, 2007

Proud of the Puppies

I left them out of the crate last night to see how they would do. I got up at 1am to check on them and they had used their puppy pads and were sleeping. Of course they woke up when I checked on them so I had to get in the nursery area, sit down and let them climb up on my lap like the good lapdogs they are. I also changed the puppy pads last night since I was up. When I went back to bed, my nose got all stuffy and I couldn't get back to sleep for a while. I think tonight I will sleep straight through and not get up to check on the puppies. They seem to be doing fine :)

I did give them a bit of a bath today. I didn't stick them in water since I don't think they've ever had real baths before. I set them down on towels beside the sink and used a wet towel to wash them.

I'm going to put them in the bathroom for a while either this evening or tomorrow so they can get used to it. I pulled up the shower curtain off the floor since the puppies are using the puppy pads. Now I have to tape some cardboard to the bottom of the door that covers the furnace. I don't want the puppies to crawl in there.

No comments: