Thursday, May 31, 2007

You Can Tell There's a Full Moon About

Tuesday, I found a small black snake on my sidewalk at my house. Killed it. Dad said "where's there's one, there's more. They're after water since it's been so dry." While that was comforting to know that there were other snakes out there, I thought, "Well, I could dig a hole in the yard and fill it full of water. Then the snakes shouldn't come to the house."

Wednesday, I came home to find Lapcat had killed some big animal and left the animal's internal organs on the stairs and sidewalk. I had to get rid of those as soon as I got home. Then Lapcat had the nerve to come to the porch and beg for catfood.

This morning, the puppies tore up a puppy pad even though I had sprayed it with bitter apple spray. I guess I didn't spray enough of it on the pad. They were good to make more work for me on a workday.

Tomorrow evening, the puppies have to go to the vet to get round two of their vaccinations. They are supposed to be checked for worms too. The vet gave me one vial to collect a sample. But I have two dogs. So, I've put some of the other sample in a ziploc bag. I don't think they have worms. I think the worm medicine the seller gave them before I brought them home worked.

I don't want to think about what else can happen this week. I hope things die down and become very uneventful.

No comments: