Saturday, May 12, 2007

Meet the Puppies!


The one with the floppy ears is Winnie Garcia, a long haired chihuahua. The one with the pointy ears is Phoebe Josephine Maria Olazabal (PJ for short). She's the short haired chihuahua.

Up until I brought them home this afternoon, I thought Winnie was the cryer. But PJ cries much more. I got them this morning and took them to Mom and Dad's to hang out until the vet's office opened. Mom got to spend a lot of time with them, which is good since she didn't get to visit them any before. When I brought them home, I sat out the puppy pad and PJ went to it and peed on it. But that was a fluke I think. She had been placed on a puppy pad three or four times at mom and dad's so she knew what it was for.

Fritz growls at them through the baby gate. I don't think he would do that if they weren't separated. Hopefully, Winnie and PJ will catch on to the puppy pad training really quickly and I'll be able to spring them from the 'nursery' soon.

I took them to the vet's on the way home to get them checked out. They are healthy, but I think PJ has worms, which isn't unusual for puppies. She and Winnie got wormed on Thursday when they got their first round of shots. The vet's wife works in the office and when I told her who I got the puppies from, she said "Oh, she's good. I've heard good things about her." So, that's comforting.

And I got applications to register Winnie and PJ with the CKC.

The only thing worrying me right now is that they haven't eaten since probably 11am and that was only a few pieces of food. They've been sleeping for a while.

I think I need to go check on them.

No comments: