Thursday, May 17, 2007

Update on the Housbreaking

The puppies think the crate is for doing their business. I think that's because the seller raised PJ and her littermates in a crate with their mom. I shut the crate door during the day today and you could tell it confused the puppies. But they do use the puppy pads on their own most of the time. They still have an issue with #2. I'm hoping they get over that soon. At least it smells so you know when you need to look for it.

In that last post I told you how I wasn't feeling well, well that ended up with me throwing up that evening. I went to the store the next day and got some saltine crackers and diet sprite. And ice cream. Probably shouldn't have ice cream when you're throwing up, but it didn't bother me.

Today, Mom and Dad stopped by and they had the puppies on the couch and 'interacting' with Fritz and Steffi. It was a big day for the puppies. They slept for 3 or 4 hours after that. And steffi and fritz were so excited to see mom.

And the puppies still don't know their names. The current plan is to puppy pad train them first, then when they are old enough to appreciate doggie treats, teach them their names by giving them treats.

No comments: