Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Day of Laughs

I left work early to go to the bank. I wanted to reinvest my CD that came due and I wanted to open a savings account. The woman at the bank added an extra zero to the amount I wanted to deposit into my savings account. I didn't find out until I got home and looked at the paperwork. I have to call them tomorrow and tell them that they inadvertently made me rich. Then I went to the post office and made sure I got the forever stamps. It was the same woman as last time and she didn't want to sell them to me. I think she wanted to get rid of all the $0.39 stamps.

After that, I went to walmart. I bought a sub sandwich and after the cashier rang it up, she accidentally rang it up again when she went to put it in the bag. I had to go to the service desk to get my money back because they can't make the adjustment at the register. There were two women working the service desk. One of them took care of me and after I explained what happened, she said in a snotty tone, "I think the cashiers need some training." Then she hit a couple of buttons on her register and then turned to the other employee and said, "It's telling me blah, blah, blah, what do I do?" I thought, "yeah, I think cashiers do need some training." I didn't say that out loud. The woman was going to give me $3.69.

I got home and tried this new recipe I found for pie crust. I can't make regular pie crust, but this one you don't roll out. You mix it up and then pat it out in the pan. I made a horribly rich chocolate pie - baked the crust, then put a layer of melted milky way candy bars in it, then added a layer of marshmallow cream, then a layer of chocolate pudding. Once the pudding set up, I topped the pie with chocolate cool whip. I only ate what I consider a small piece and I can feel the sugar in my blood. I'm not a fan of pudding or cool whip so I'm not going to eat much more of the pie. In fact, I emailed mom and told her to come get the pie tomorrow. LOL. Dad's going to come up and get it. The pie reminded me of ice cream in a waffle bowl or fried ice cream or something like that. The crust was like a shortbread cookie.

No comments: