Friday, September 07, 2007

A Curious Thought

You know I've been getting these harassing phone calls from crooks in India. The calls are just recordings that are left on my answering machine. So, I got to wondering what would happen if I didn't have an answering machine? Other people who've gotten these calls claim that when they answer the phone there is just silence (they know it's the crooks from India because of caller id). Tonight the message changed and instructed/threatened me to call them within 48 hours. They didn't tell me what would happen if I didn't. I say if they want to talk to me they can send me a letter. But I doubt it's me they want. My phone number is listed in the book as M Allen so they could be trying to harass Mark Allen, Mary Allen, Millard Allen, Mandy Allen etc. I think I might disconnect my phone just to see what happens. They don't want to send me a letter, can you imagine what the postage would be on a letter from India? LOL

Anyway, I've had a really bad week, diet wise. I'm hoping to get back to it tomorrow. I just have to throw away three donuts I have in the fridge. It's a shame to throw them away, but I've got to start somewhere.

I've been watching tennis for the last couple of weeks. The US Open. Not watching golf, just looking at the leaderboard every evening.

No comments: