Sunday, September 09, 2007

Religious Tolerance

I had an interesting experience the other day at work. I was talking to some co-workers about the Wiccan who did whatever he did religiously to win the lottery. I thought I lived in a somewhat tolerant age, but two of the co-workers, devoutly christian, not only seemed very opposed to the Wiccans but also seemed to be under the impression that Wiccans were evil satan worshippers or something. It's one thing to be opposed to something, but at the very least they could educate themselves on what they are opposing. True Wiccans aren't evil. Wikipedia gives an overview of Wicca. On a more humorous note, another co-worker said "I saw something on tv about that, those people pray naked and some of them shouldn't." She might have a point.

No comments: