Saturday, September 15, 2007

Free As A Bird!

I took Winnie and PJ out for a walk today. Winnie saw Fritz and wiggled out of her harness and ran after him. Luckily he just stood there and growled at her and when he did finally run, it was to the house. I put PJ in the outside pen and then started after Winnie but by that time she had come to us - checking out PJ in the pen. So, Winnie got put in the pen and I climbed in and put the harness back on her. Then we continued on our walk.

They have been undergoing remedial puppy pad training. They use the puppy pads when they are in their nursery and when they are at their Grandma's and Grandpa's. But when they are in the indoor pen, they prefer the carpet, and then the shower curtain I used to cover the carpet. So, now I'm bribing them with treats. It works some. PJ will now come and look at me when she does something on the puppy pad because she knows she will get a treat.

I had to order the next size up in harnesses for Winnie. Grandpa feeds her way too many treats and she's growing out of the harness she has. I guess I'll give PJ Winnie's old one. It's maybe a few centimeters larger than PJ's though they are supposed to be the same size.

I ordered about 5 or 6 romance novels today from Amazon. All of them but one I could have gotten from Eharlequin.com so I had to go to Amazon and do the $25.00/free shipping thing. Unfortunately, that means I won't get my books until late November. And one of them is the next Diana Palmer book. It's going to be hard waiting that long to read her new book, especially when people on her website already have it and have read it.

I finally got around to playing with the cd burner on my computer. I've only had my computer for 2 years. I got all my cds and downloaded fast, up-tempo country songs, then burned some of them onto a rw cd I have to make a workout cd. The cd won't play in my cd/radio/cassette player, but it will play on my dvd player, so I can turn my tv and dvd player on while I'm on the treadmill and play this cd. Hopefully, I'll actually get ON the treadmill someday and play this cd. I'm so lazy anymore. I blame the puppies and the remedial training. I have to stick close to them in the evenings. In the Lakeside Collection catalog, they have an mp3 player and docking station for $49.95 and they claim it will hold up to 127 songs. It's 512 MB. Well, the cd I used today says it's 650 MB and it doesn't hold 127 songs. I think it might have something to do with compressing files. I haven't fooled around with that yet.

The saga of the harassing phone calls continues. The Better Business Bureau forwarded my complaint to the head company and they have 22 days to respond. Hopefully, they will realize that I'm not the person they want and they will stop calling me.

The people in control of jury duty cheated me out of some money. I'm supposed to get mileage from home to the courthouse, round trip. Well, the last time I had to report, the judge sent us away and told us to come back at 2pm. That would mean another trip to and from the courthouse. I should have gotten two trips of mileage. But they only paid me for one. I knew they would because they weren't making any effort to note who was told to leave and come back. I'm not impressed with the people who work at the courthouse. Well, except for my friend Jenny. She works part time in the assessor's office.

My third romance novel that I'm writing isn't coming along very well. It's pretty slow in fact. I think I'm taking a break after working on the other two. But I need to get this one done because I have a good idea for another book. Again, I blame remedial puppy pad training. I figure I can blame the puppy pad training on a lot of things. LOL. But, on the positive side, I'm getting to watch tv when I would otherwise be ignoring the TV and playing on the internet or working out on the treadmill. And I won't go into all the scratches I've got from the puppies playing on me. If only they would let me cut their nails.......

No comments: