Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Benefit Concert Tonight

So far (8:56 pm Eastern), there's been only one true Country artist to perform: Big and Rich. Kid Rock performed with Lynard Skynard earlier. Where's the country? CMT is participating but so far not too much participation from the artists. And quite frankly, I hardly know anyone else on this show. Rob Thomas sang the Cyndi Lauper song and did a good job. It's a good thing they tell you in the upper right hand corner of the tv who's performing, otherwise I wouldn't know Green Day from Coldplay. Except that the Green Day song was played during PGA golf telecasts last week. I'm guessing Trent Reznor (is that his name?) wrote the Johnny Cash song he's singing?? I think I remember something about that. Still have no clue who this guy is though.

No comments: