Friday, September 30, 2005

I've Been Bad

I missed the treadmill yesterday because I did my weekly grocery shopping after work. And today, I missed the treadmill because I went to the bank after work and because I'm lazy and wanted to see who was playing on the golf coverage. I did go outside for about 10 minutes and walk. Yesterday we had our employee appreciation luncheon and I ate real food for the first time in months. I had chicken, mashed potatoes, a hot roll with butter and some pasta salad. I had lemonade and chocolate milk to drink. We got all kinds of goodies for employee appreciation and for the team meeting we had today. Yesterday we got a leather notebook thing with a calculator built in and a paperweight that said "Good Job". Today we got to choose a grab bag at our team meeting and in my grab bag was an insulated lunch box, a pen that has both red and black ink, a desk calendar and the bag itself was a tote bag.

Today at the team meeting, the regional manager emphasized that pajamas and full, head to toe camoflage is unacceptable business attire to be worn under the new dress code. She said that she expected us to be mature about the dress code and if we didn't like the new dress code then we could get a new job. That last part she phrased a little bit nicer. So, it will be interesting to see who wears what on Monday. The regional manager said I looked very nice today. It was one of my new outfits. I think she's happy that I started complying with the new dress code a week early.

I've been watching Martha Stewart's daytime show and this week has been pretty entertaining. Conan O'Brien was on and they did a comedy skit. They were riding horses and Conan was dressed as a Fabio-like romance novel cover man. Conan said at one point, "Martha, that long ride has made me hungry. And not for food." And Martha acted like she was swooning. It was hilarious. And today's episode has wild animals from Busch Gardens. Martha's hands-on with the animals and she's not even upset that the animals are eating the plants in her garden set. I think she might be more concerned that the animals might not be eating good plants. And Martha asked the one question that I've never heard any other interviewer ask. She asked where the animals and the woman from Busch Gardens stay when they are in New York. Apparently they are staying all on one floor of the Ritz Carlton. I don't think the zebra is staying there, but I could be wrong. Martha really loves animals. You can tell by watching this episode.

Last night, Alias's first episode of the season aired. We are supposed to believe Michael Vaughn died, but I think Jack and Sydney faked his death so he could heal from the hundreds of gunshot wounds he received when the bad guys tried to kill him. No one ever really dies on Alias so I expect to see Vaughn back at some point.

No comments: