Sunday, September 25, 2005

New Beginning

The new dress code at work goes into effect on Oct. 1, which means next Monday, we can't wear our blue jeans. I'm starting a week early though. Thanks to my weight loss efforts, I have shrunk out of my smallest pair of blue jeans, and I don't see any reason to buy a new pair of blue jeans when I can only wear them for a week. So, I bought black pants Thursday night at Walmart. At first, I wasn't sure about them. They seemed really baggy down at the ankles. But then I tried them on tonight with a pair of dress shoes and they looked much better. I have four skirts to wear along with the black pants so I will be wearing dressy clothes this week while I decide whether or not to do additional shopping this weekend. I guess this week will be another week of whining, belly aching co-workers complaining about the new dress code. I got so sick of it Thursday that I was practically counting down the seconds and minutes to the end of the day so I could start my three day weekend.

No comments: