Thursday, January 29, 2004

I got my w-2 and my 1099 report today so I can do my taxes! Yay! It was good timing since I printed out the tax forms and instructions yesterday at work. I found out today that the woman who was retiring who had the job I filed a grievance to get is actually, finally, retiring tomorrow. So, in a month or so, I should have that 5% raise. Whoohooo!!!! The bosses asked me today if I wanted to sit in on the interviews for the new tech position since I'm the one who's going to be working with the new employee and training him or her. That's cool since I don't believe an underling has ever really sat in on interviews before. And I received news yesterday that the state office is ready for testing of the Phase 3 programming, which means I may have to start going back to the state office two days a week. Hopefully I can get that temporary pay upgrade again and make even more money. (Scarlett and Polly, the ram says I can't tell any of the underlings about the temp pay upgrade situation, so forget you read about it). I found out today that Tony is a RAM in the Chinese Zodiac. The description says that rams are elegant, passionate, talented in the arts - so I told him that it sounded a lot like Barry Manilow. Tony was just thrilled with that. LOLOL!!!

We're supposed to get one to two inches of snow tonight. But that is the 5:00 weatherman's prediction. The 6:00 weatherman has been known to completely change the forcast in the span of an hour. But the National Weather Service also says 1 to 2 inches.

I read in the newspaper today that a woman (name withheld to protect my own skin) was charged with writing worthless checks. Well, I know that down at PSI (the private company that handles our services in another county) there is a woman by that name and I know that this woman lives in my county. I wonder if it was her. She does accounting work so it would be really ironic if it was. And she asks the dumbest questions at our trainings too.

I made more chocolate covered peanut butter balls last night with my chocolate factory. They are yummy! Diet, Schmiet.

No comments: