Friday, January 30, 2004

I was up at 5:30am this morning, outside, in the dark, sweeping the snow off the driveway. The time of morning sounds impressive, until you remember that I usually get up at 5:30 am on weekdays to work out on the treadmill. Dad got up at 6am and went out to sweep the rest of the driveway at 6:30. It took him an hour and a half. We had about 2 and a half inches of snow and the driveway is pretty long and all downhill. I even got to work on time. I was surprised. Tony and Darlena discovered that they preferred to accuse our fair Scarlett of doing something wrong rather than reading the notes that the supervisor put on the case that backed up what Scarlett did. I wasn't all that happy about that. Scarlett even less so. But the joke's on them because Scarlett and I can laugh at them. heehee. I'm beginning to think the Chinese Zodiac has some truth to it since Darlena is a Hare and we aren't supposed to get along. And Tony thinks he has the power to say that something was an employer error. He doesn't. The state office is the only one that can rule a mistake an employer error. That's another policy he hasn't read. Luinna, from the Wood co. office, emailed me today to ask for any ideas I had to help the new accounting tech they are getting soon. She wanted ideas on where to start her training. So, I gave her some pretty good ones. At least she thought so. I didn't think she ever got as animated as her response made her appear. Maybe she just isn't used to the fast and exceptional service I gave her by responding to her so well.

Scarlett, tell the Chip and the wagon story on your blog. I liked it!

No comments: