Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Today after work I went to Walmart and bought something I've wanted for a few months. It's called the Chocolate Factory. It's a double boiler and a bunch of candy making supplies (no, Ria, you can't have my candy molds). In catalogs they sell for about $20.00, but I got mine on sale for $15.00. With this device I can dip pretzels and all kinds of things in melted chocolate. YUM! Unfortunately, I'm Slimly Fasting so the Chocolate dipping will have to wait a month or two. And I got the next book in the Family Secrets series. It's a romance novel. I can't wait to read it, but I'm reading Diana Palmer books this week, so it might be a while. Angie says she's lost 17 pounds on the Atkins Diet. I don't think her husband and daughter have lost much since the last weigh-in. John shaved off his beard this weekend. I told him he looked skinnier, younger, and happier. And an added bonus, I can now squash that urge to call him Papa Smurf. I don't know about all my exercising. Granted, I have more energy and I can carry the 25 pound bag of catfood from my car to the house, up the stairs and into the house with little effort now since I started working out, but I still don't think I've lost anything. Oh, and I have a lap now. That's exciting.

No comments: